Pioneer Of The Concept Of Lectures On Music Appreciation
Under the banner of the Music Forum he has conducted several lec-dems featuring luminaries of Carnatic music in Chennai and all over Tamil Nadu. He has given over 200 lecture demonstrations in schools and colleges.
- Lectured to the employees of the Shriram Group, Ashok Leyland Finance, and EID Parry limited, Nellikuppam on Raga identification.
- Given talks at Hindu School, i-flex solutions [Chennai and Bangalore], Carnatica, and Rotary club Chennai towers.
- Music resource person for AMBALAM, an organisation to promote musical awareness 1994 - 95 on Music appreciation.
- Conducted Novel musical games at the YACM Anniversary.
- Organised the 3rd anniversary of the magazine DHWANI.
- Organized an inter school & college music competition on Thanjavur Sankara Iyer's compositions on the 15th of Aug 2003.
- Formulated the Syllabus in 7 grades, and the author for the text book for an organization in Canada - Tamizh Isai Kala Manram.He has now embarked on an ambitious journey of demystifying classical music through the popular television medium and is anchoring a popular serial called MAITHREEM BHAJATHA in Sankara TV.
He has authored the unique book on music appreciation FAQ'S In Carnatic Music which has been distributed free of cost to children and rasikas attending our workshops.